20 January 2010

Shut Up

Delusional Downtown Divas. So good! Three real-life friends who grew up together in the New York art scene created this lil show about clueless 'art brats' trying to get to the top without actually doing anything. They're making fun of themselves and the art world and it's so so so so so so good.

Watch Oona, Swann, and AgNess play dress up, crash parties, discuss the meaning of life with a cabbie, drink, smoke, toke, braid each others' hair, lie, laugh, and lust. It's supposed to be 'the art world's answer to Sex and the City,' but it more reminds me of AbFab. Yay!

The first few episodes are a little rough, but they're very short and by episode 4, you should be thoroughly hooked. I'm hoping by the end of season 2, I'll have even more ammo for the what-is-art discussion I've been having with myself.

Read the NYT article that sparked my interest.

Or just start watching the show. Hurry now!

No comments: