06 January 2010

Matthew Partridge





I don't know if these are done with real paper, or just pieced together digitally, but I love them and I want to do something like them. I'm collecting jpgs that I want to use later for digital collages. I'm also collecting magazines and newspapers at home. The digital idea is looking a lot better as compared to the little rat's nest I'm creating.

Matthew Partridge found via notpaper, another excellent blog all about collage.

P.S. It seems the name of the blog (notpaper) would make these collages 'not paper.' I don't know if that is a rule for what appears on the blog; I just wanted to mention that I did notice that and I am still wondering if it answers my original question.

2 comments:

matt said...

hey there! just came across this blog posting (yeah... i google myself, ha). yes yes... all of the pieces you posted are done old school cut and paste style. no digital elements, except for scanning 'em in. i appreciate the mention and all the positive feedback. as for aprile's site (notpaper), i can't remember where the name comes from, but i think she explains is somewhere on there. you should write her sometime. she's really nice. and her own collage work is good quite as well. anyway... take care!

Tracy said...

Hi Matt!
Thanks for posting a comment here! I especially love the color schemes and the vintage elements you use. Your work is great. And very inspiring!