20 January 2010

Bubbles Blowing in the Wind


Today is a strange kind of day. We were warned that El Nino was going to take over California this week (and maybe next week too), so I've been holed up in my apartment since Sunday. I don't like rain and wind and cold unless I'm bundled up in warm cozies and completely sheltered. I love watching storms without being in them. So the farthest I've gone from home is to the corner market for sustenance and crossword puzzles. And I'm already getting cabin fever.
Like, seriously.

This afternoon I was standing on my porch watching the wind blow the rain down the street, and kind of teasing my tree by being just out of reach of the branch that really wants to whip me in the face, when all of a sudden a few bubbles came floating down the empty street! I was giddy!
A girl that lives down the street from me puts a bubble machine out her window sometimes, and every time I see the bubbles randomly appear, it makes my day so much better. Bubbles are just so happy! And who can remember a time that was bad and there were bubbles floating around? No one, because if there are bubbles floating around, it's a good time.

I want to make this girl a cake or something.


photo source here

No comments: