07 January 2010

Burnin' the Midnight Oil

Last night my college professor visited me in my dreams. I was helping her sell her new clothing line out of a grocery store. She had about 8 pieces in the collection and they were completely adorable. The best piece sold immediately, as I was holding it up and inspecting it.
I was so impressed with my professor for designing all these pieces. And she said, "Look at you. You're not doing anything!"
Well, poo. In real life, my professor was always very encouraging, so I'm thinking it was really me telling me that I'm not good enough. Which is strange, because I've actually been feeling pretty accomplished lately. Making those little steps.
I woke up this morning feeling great anyway - because who do you think actually designed those pieces in her collection, hmm? Then I had a nice full day of doing all those little things, and because of the dream, I put myself back in that old drawing class and sketched a lady out of my favorite editorial of the moment.

That dream was a nice little shove, actually.

1 comment:

Mallory Makes Things said...

I dream up designs all the time!