21 January 2010

I Need Doilies. Right. Now.

It's doily madness in the craft world right now, and for good reason. These two doily craft projects are blowing my mind with their perfection. Pretty, romantic, vintage-looking, yes please!

Rachel Denbow, at the adorable site Smile and Wave, whipped up this doily pillow. Check out the tutorial to see the peacock feather doily she used on the back. I love the butter yellow fabric behind the laces. (Wish I had thought to put fabric behind the granny square pillow I just made--you can see the garish white pillow form through every little hole. Oh well, you live and learn!)

Smile and Wave linked to this delicate table runner from Ashley Ann Photography. She just anchored the doilies together with thread so she can take it back apart if she thinks of something else she wants to do with them. Brilliant! Ashley Ann has lots of other gorgeous craft ideas and tutorials, so I'll be going back frequently for more projects.

It's funny, I'm so into crafting right now, but I don't have any supplies! My past lack of motivation finally just motivated me into getting rid of all the stuff I'd collected. Time to hit the thrift stores again!

1 comment:

littlebyrd said...

I looooove that table runner!