13 December 2009

Sundays

I wake up very early on Sundays and work at my parents' cafe serving pancakes, omelettes, eggs benedicts, and coffee all day, drinking way too much coffee myself, and eyeing others' plates until I get to choose my own breakfast just before we close.
I love breakfast foods, coffee drinks, people, and my parents more than I love a lot of things so this is a very nice way to spend my Sundays.
But when I hear the alarm go off and force my eyes to open, the thing I'm most looking forward to is coming home after work, falling into bed and enjoying a luxurious afternoon nap with the bed all to myself. On Sundays I sleep sideways.
I spend the rest of the evening more relaxed than most, knowing I don't have to work again until next weekend and anything that needs to be done around the house can wait until tomorrow.
I think all I'll do tonight is write in my journal, because there is nothing better than a page filled with handwritten words.

source

1 comment:

littlebyrd said...

Nice! I loved reading about your Saundays :) And now I want pancakes.